Many Tears is always looking for new fosters across the country particularly those who wll take our larger dogs like labs and collies but we are happy to consider any applications if you can only take the smaller breeds. If you are interested in becoming a Many Tears fosterer you MUST be able to answer yes to the following criteria:
- You must be 25 or older and an experienced dog owner even if you do not currently own a dog.
- if you have a dog it must be friendly, good with other dogs and neutered or spayed unless there's a medical reason why not.
- You must have your own well fenced garden (not a communal one). Many of our dogs are very frightened and will try and look for escape routes. The fence height needs to be appropriate to the size of dog you foster. We would need the fencing to be a minimum height of 4ft but if you are looking at larger breeds we would need this to be 6ft,
- if you have a family they must be fully supportive of you fostering.
- Due to the fact that many of our dogs are extremely scared we do not take on fosterers where children are under the age of 5 unless there are exceptional circumstances.
- Our ex breeding dogs have had very little socialisation with people, they really need someone at home most of the time as they have never lived in a house before and will need to have someone there to help them learn about being a pet.
- You must have transport and be able to either drive to the centre or to our drop off points to collect you foster dog.
- You must have an email address and be able to send updates and photos.
Please complete the APPLICATION FORM and you should hear from us within a week. We look forward to hearing from you.
PLEASE NOTE: IF YOU BECOME A MANY TEARS FOSTERERS YOU AUTOMATICALLY BECOME A HOME VETTER SO THERE IS NO NEED TO COMPLETE A HOME VETTER FORM. IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO HOME VET PLEASE STATE THIS IN THE ANY OTHER INFORMATION BOX.