Photo courtesy of Adrian Sherratt
Volunteers are wonderful and Many Tears rely on them a lot to help. In addition to volunteers who can only help occasionally, what we really needs is “permanent” reliable volunteers who can commit to volunteering EVERY week to help us.
BEFORE coming to volunteer please check that date you want to come with our the rescue by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Please read the following guidelines regarding volunteering for Many Tears.
- We are open for volunteers between 9am-3pm 7 days a week. You must be able to stay for a minimum of 3 hours but preferably longer so the latest you can arrive is 1pm.
- Please wear suitable clothing. Bring a water proof coat, walking boots, trainers or wellington boots are all acceptable and a must and no open toes shoes even in the summer.
- Bring refreshments with you as we are in a rural location and there are no local shops.
- On arrival DO NOT walk through the gate, ring the bell and a member of staff will come and greet you.
- Any volunteer under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult. Please inform us if you intend to bring any children with you.
- You will be given a list of health and safety guidelines and rules when you first volunteer, please make sure you read these carefully before you sign them.
- BE PREPARED TO GET DIRTY!
WHERE YOU CAN STAY IF YOU ARE NOT LOCAL
- The Travelodge at Cross Hands is fairly close to us and has a Costa Coffee and other stores within walking distance.
- There are Airbnbs in Cross Hands and Dog Friendly Cottages has some cottages that are not too far away if you fancy a working holiday (although you cannot bring your dogs to the rescue).
- If you are a Caravan and Motorhome Club Member Dyllgoed Isaf, Maesybont Church Road, Gorslas, Cross Hands, Llanelli, Carmarthenshire, SA14 7NL is about a 3 minute drive away.